Monday, March 28, 2016

Creativity on the Web

Presentations to Inform, Inspire or Educate


There are so many online tools that can be used to create and publish professional presentations online. Some of these include:


MoveNote

ScreenCastify

WeVideo

Any of these programs will create a presentation that can be imported into YouTube for easy sharing on the internet. 













Presentation Tips

  • Less is more
  • Use font that is easily readable
  • Don't use too many colors or crazy colors.
  • Don't use clip art or any other cheesy design elements
  • Keep the images/words minimal so that the focus is on the presenter
  • Be passionate about what you present
For more information about how to make the best presentations, check out these helpful tips by Garr Reynolds: 

Using Google Slides to Create a Slideshow Presentation
This is the Google version of PowerPoint, but better, because you can invite people to join in and work on it with you. You can also use it in conjunction with Hangouts on Air (or other programs that allow you to share your screen) to record a live presentation! While you speak, you can share your slideshow with your audience! A very useful tip is to use the speaker's notes section at the bottom of each slide. When you present, you can read those notes while the audience watches the slideshow - they don't have to know you are looking at notes! With Hangouts on Air, the presentation automatically saves to YouTube, so you are ready to educate and inspire the world!

Here's my Google Presentation:


This was just an experiment, but it's good because now I know that I need a new webcam and microphone! The slideshow done on Google Slides came out awesome and I really enjoyed learning how to do this. Hangouts on Air, however, was a bit more challenging and I wasn't happy with the results. It seems very limiting, but perhaps I just need more practice. Overall, I know how important presentations are in our world where information is at our fingertips! So, I will continue to practice these skills and works toward more professional presentations in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment